Almost There

Last night, I had 204 hexes finished up and ready to attach to each other. Woot woot for me!

But when I started laying everything out on the table, I realized that I needed four more in order to make it all work out. I won’t even begin to tell you how complicated I managed to make the process by which I laid everything out, or how many times I had to go over every row to make sure that I didn’t repeat colors, or how long it took me to figure out that it just wasn’t going to work and I’d have to make a few more.

The thing is, I was so very low on yarn that I wasn’t sure I was going to have enough to finish up the four more I had left. And lemme tell you, it was close. The final hexagon was only completed because I found a cast off hexagon that I had ear marked for the smallest yarn monster who was constantly grabbing and running off with them. Of course, I’m still thinking I might make it a bit bigger, so that would require thirteen more skeins, but we’ll see.

Now all I have to do is figure out how to link them all together. I’m thinking either a crab stitch border in orange, or mattress stitching them which is more in keeping with the original afghan.

1 thought on “Almost There

  1. OH. MY. GOD. That is so incredibly complex looking. It’s absolutely beautiful, truely a work of art. You now have inspired me to see about doing something akin to that. Maybe in um, scarf form lol 🙂

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s