And specifically I mean “LOOK at the awesome painted walls! Pay no attention to the blasted mess left behind!” But hey, let’s keep it real, yo! This is what things look like around here mid project. Shove things off to one side, get in, get out, deal with the catastrophe and clean-up later.
I also managed to get the cords put up from the lights I installed on the little half wall.
Unfortunately, there is this problem I need to figure out…
That looks nice and inconspicuous, right? Just what I was going for… sigh.
And of course, there’s still the problem with the kids’ bookshelf.
Let’s take a closer look…
There are two very long sections here. The length makes it really difficult for our kids to keep their books upright, since all the books stacked back to back are quite heavy when they fall. Our oldest is six, meaning none of them really have the strength to move all those books around in one big pile, so we’re going to have add four dividers to help them out (two on the top shelf, two below). Of course, this isn’t going to be easy, since the boards that we will need cut aren’t at all square. I’m going to have to ask our local lumberyard shop to cut them for me, and I don’t know if they’ll do non-square cuts. We shall see! I also need to find the white trim paint that the contractor used… I really don’t want to have to repaint the entire bookshelf.
I’m not looking forward to getting this part done, but it really will help the kids keep their own books straightened up, so it must be done soon. Wish me luck!